Security BSides Dublin Data Privacy Statement
Security BSides Dublin is a conference by the information security community, for the information security community.
- Security BSides Dublin respects your privacy. The details you provide when registering for the event are not disclosed to any third-parties except insofar as is required in order for us to fulfill our contractual obligation to you, to host and deliver the BSides Dublin event.
- The personal details that you provide to Security BSides Dublin (which may include name and email) are only used to register you for the event, provide access to necessary platforms as required to deliver the event, and to keep you informed of the event logistics and announcements.
- Your personal details are stored on specific cloud-based platforms that enable Security BSides Dublin to communicate with you and to deliver the virtual conference event. Personal details are not disclosed for any other purpose unless required by law.
When do we contact you?
Security BSides Dublin may contact you:
- in relation to any of our services, events, activities or online content you have signed up to/registered for.
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you.
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to, or about, Security BSides Dublin and our services, events and activities, including online blog posts, tweets or other media.
- to invite you to participate in an after-event survey about Security BSides Dublin.
How long will the data be kept:
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is necessary for the delivery of the current year’s event and after-event survey. We do not retain personal information from previous year’s events, nor do we ‘carry over’ personal information to subsequent years. After the after-event survey has been completed, we delete that year’s personal information.
All requests, comments, or questions in relation to Security BSides Dublin data privacy or this policy should be sent to email at the bottom of the page.