- Security BSides Dublin invite submissions to our Security BSides Dublin 2021 T-shirt design competition.
- Submissions should be zipped into a single attachment and emailed to email@example.com no later than 23:59 on 31st January 2021.
0x01 Submission Guidelines:
- Design is sought for the front print of the t-shirt only (sponsor logos will be on the back print).
- Design must use a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 specific print colours that can be screen printed on a t-shirt.
- A t-shirt textile colour may also feature as an extra colour in the design, bearing in mind that this colour will also be the background colour.
- Do not use any colour gradients in the design; colours must be solid/flat.
- Design must not be overly intricate/complicated in that detail would be lost during screen printing.
- Design must be such that its conversion to a single colour will be possible without loss of detail, e.g. white on a black background.
- Design must be a vector-based graphic at a minimum of 300 dpi; acceptable file types are EPS, AI, SVG.
- Note that not all EPS and AI files are entirely vector-based; files that contain any raster-based content will not be accepted.
- Design submissions should be printable within an area of 12" wide x 16" tall (30cm x 40cm).
- Designs may be submitted anonymously or with your name/twitter handle for later credit/kudos.
- Design may feature the BSides logo, available as a vector-based graphic here https://www.bsidesdub.ie/BSidesDublin2020_Logo.zip
- Any design submission deemed to conflict with our code of conduct will be disqualified, code of conduct.
0x02 Intellectual Property:
- Persons submitting designs to this competition affirm that their submissions are their own original works, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
- Persons submitting designs to this competition affirm that their submissions have hitherto been unused and unpublished for other purposes.
- Persons submitting designs to this competition relinquish all claims to any and all copyrights and benefits derived from the reproduction of their submitted works.
- The Security BSides Dublin organising committee reserve the right to make minor alterations to the winning design submission should this be required to better reproducibility of the design across various media.
- The Security BSides Dublin organising committee reserve the right to use the winning design submission for promotional purposes including, but not limited to, t-shirt printing, pop-up banners, website, stickers, posters, and other printed materials.
0x03 Evaluation Criteria:
- The BSides Dublin organising committee shall evaluate submissions based on the following criteria, and will vote to choose a winning submission.
- Visual Impact
- Clarity of message
- The winning submission will be printed on the Security BSides Dublin 2021 event t-shirt and used on other event media as required.
- The winning entrant will be credited (unless they choose to remain anonymous) on the event website and social media.
- The winning entrant will be entitled to avail of two reserved tickets to the Security BSides Dublin 2021 event.
- The winning entrant will be entitled to the undying gratitude of the Security BSides Dublin organising committee, and relentless kudos.
May the odds be ever in your favor!